Here are some tips for taking scans/photos that will meet our image requirements.
If using a scanner:
1. Place the ID in the middle of the scanner so that all four edges of the ID are clearly visible.
2. Place a dark sheet of paper (or book/cloth) on top of the ID.
3. Scan the ID.
4. Crop the scan to fit the ID, leaving half an inch of space around the edges of the ID.
If using a camera::
1. Place the ID on a dark surface.
2. Use sufficient, natural lighting instead of a flash (best if taken during daytime).
3. Take photo as directly above the ID as possible. Be sure that your shadow does not cover your ID.
Make sure that:
- All four edges of your ID are visible within the image.
- All information on the ID is clear & legible -- no details are blurred or covered.